FoK in exile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining?

+2
WolverineB
guyderue
6 posters

Go down

Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining? Empty Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining?

Post  guyderue Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:12 am

Okay give yourself up who complained so much that T3 has been reduced in cost again? I for one loved it...and sadly did not say so...sorry MK perhaps I should also post when I like something What a Face . Anyway, I think we should open up a discussion here of why or why we didn't like the higher T3 cost. I for one liked it because it allowed more T2 small ball (skirmishing) and gave more of a reason to fill out the lower ranks of your army. The game became more of a strategic battle and less of a tiering race...which I find to be one of the worst parts of the game period. It encourages turtling.

So show yourself one and all and lets have this out cyclops !
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining? Empty Re: Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining?

Post  WolverineB Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:38 am

I liked the higher costs myself, it made progress up the tech tree slower, and allowed tier 2 units to remain useful for longer. It was also a great way of eating up all that excess power Very Happy

WolverineB

Back to top Go down

Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining? Empty Re: Here Ye Here Ye: T3 Higher Costs Reduced! Who was complaining?

Post  guyderue Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:09 am

I agree WolverineB T2 fighting is the best in the game or at least the most fun! That is why I don't understand the complaints...who was unhappy and why?
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Post  variou Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:59 am

I also thought that increased cost in teching was a good thing.

Given the ability to power tech in this game due to invincible tier 1, teching was way faster than vanilla, meaning early tier units were very often over shadowed by tier 3. more than very often actually.

Slowing it down gave more game before the "end game" which I liked.

Anyone that plays me, knows my preference of play is as a dirty ass camper who techs like a whore and spams infiltrated / weak tax imune units using my tier 3 economy upgrades asap. So cheaper teching costs helps my style. But never the less I think it was better costing more and being slower.

variou

Back to top Go down

Post  guyderue Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am

So far we have 3 for the higher costs and no against. Come on everyone weigh in!
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Post  PT2 Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:10 am

It was not me who complained. But here are the inconsistencies within the total power requirements for each tier upgrade, using these four races for example:

Fraction/Tier
____Chaos____
Imperial Guard
Space Marine
____Tau_____
Total to T3

Last edited by Homer on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a total to tier 3 table for comparison.)

PT2

Back to top Go down

Post  variou Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:18 am

Remember that guard has to pay signifincantly for their tier 2 vehicle production building. While that may not factor into the cost for pure tech rush, it does need to be made first... unless your silly enough to not get your tax free sentinles.

variou

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirage Knight Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 am

Forgot to yank the Sacrificial Circle as a requirement for Tier advancement for Chaos...and something similar for Tau.

My bad.

Mirage Knight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:56 am

I never tried the 900/1400 (it's been a while since I've played). Teching costs are subject to what kind of play you want to encourage. Low costs lead to teching quickly. High costs lead to the opposite.

Like I said, I never played with the 900/1400 costs. Last I played it was 300/600. But gut reaction would be 900/1400 is too much. The cost was dropped to 600/900 which seems like a happy medium. I'll see if I can't get a game in sometime soon and try the cost out.

Curious, how long did it take to from T2 to T3? Just a general time. Is T2 where you guys enjoy gameplay the most?

Admin
Admin

https://firestorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  variou Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm

The way the game encourages power teching, naturally and unavoidably by having infantry immune turrets in tier 1, it does not take long to get 1400 power. You are likely to have 6 generators going by the time you hit tier 2, then the power research along with req research, a few infantry squads, maybe weak fast attack vehicles, and your hitting tier 3.

I'll have the game time on screen next time so can say how long.

variou

Back to top Go down

Post  guyderue Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Ira writes:

Curious, how long did it take to from T2 to T3? Just a general time. Is T2 where you guys enjoy game play the most?

Ira, as far as I can remember T2 happened somewhere around the five min mark and T3 was closer to 25 min mark. VGF and I were eating it up playing a few head to head matches and skirmishes. I think we both thought this was where FoK really shines, in its T2 back and forth. I am going to miss the more expensive T3 price, the game will feel like a race again.
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:21 am

Looks like an agreement has been reached on a price. I do enjoy longer T2 games so I'll look forward to trying this out.

Admin
Admin

https://firestorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum