FoK in exile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent internal change to tier 2 cost

2 posters

Go down

Recent internal change to tier 2 cost Empty Recent internal change to tier 2 cost

Post  variou Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:46 am

This recent change to the cost of tier 2 research is a bad thing.

A cost increase, a massive one, to tier 3, is good. That slows downthe appearance of the heavy tanks, uber infantry. tier3 isnt a vital purchase, it only improves upon what is already there.

But tier 2 is neccessary, vital even, because that opens up the counters to turrets complete total dominance of tier 1.

Melta bombs or some form of anti turret option needs to be available early in the game, otherwise there is nothing to be done against people who rush out, plant down on an lp then enjoy luxury to their base to do whatever they want without impunity.

Best case scenario in my eyes, is that meltabombs(or other comparative option) be available in tier 1.5 from armouries. so that its still possible to attack and stirke hard with an assault force. To add some actual action into the game rather than sit / camp/build base being the only viable option.
But that option wont work, since not all races have melta bombs, and thus some races will be stuck without a counter to turrets.

Granted, most of the time myself thats all I do. I play orcs and guard and just power economy them attack, but quick attacks are important.

I think one of two things should happen:

#1: tier 2 increased research cost be reverted. (that cost can be added onto the tier 3 one, doesnt matter how much that costs, tier3 only improves on what is already available, it isnt core to game play whereas without tier 2 there is no anti-turret)

#2: turrets be made a tier2 unit, the same way that lp1's are. Afterall turrets fit the tier 2 ruleset, heavy weapon + immune to small arms fire.

Without those changes, the gameplay is worse off and inspires even more camp/base building while ignoring the opponent, than ever before.

note: This is not trying to make rushes possible, not trying to make it the goal that bases get wiped out, this is to make battlefields dynamic. So that someone cant just plant a turret on a point somewhere in the middle of the map and be immune to counter attack. Few maps is it the case that all combat happens at the base. Req points are flags for a purpose, they get taken and retaken as battle progresses back and forth, immunity turrets do a ton load to disuade anyone from playing dynamically.

variou

Back to top Go down

Recent internal change to tier 2 cost Empty Re: Recent internal change to tier 2 cost

Post  Melooo Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:22 am

#1: tier 2 increased research cost be reverted. (that cost can be added onto the tier 3 one, doesnt matter how much that costs, tier3 only improves on what is already available, it isnt core to game play whereas without tier 2 there is no anti-turret)
I agree with this, but the other one.....not too much

Melooo

Back to top Go down

Recent internal change to tier 2 cost Empty Re: Recent internal change to tier 2 cost

Post  variou Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:32 am

either solves the problem, the later on fits in more with a deeper game play, but the first at least brings back swift easier available counters

variou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down