FoK in exile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hand-to-hand

3 posters

Go down

Hand-to-hand Empty Hand-to-hand

Post  Gallonigher Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 am

Hi guys, glad to see we're still alive and kicking on teh interwebs. Smile

Well I'm using the latest internal build and it looks like CC-pinning has been nerfed once again. Why?

I don't think I need to reiterate just how tedious it is to chase platoons of imperial guardsmen across the entire length of a map. Needless to say, it's not a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind so much if an alternative had been introduced (run does not help at all in these situations), but it looks like we're right back where we started.

Are there any plans to address this issue or are we just gonna have to suck it up?

On a completely unrelated note, I'm loving the new look for our banshees! Rock on.

Gallonigher

Back to top Go down

Hand-to-hand Empty Re: Hand-to-hand

Post  variou Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:49 am

the run buttons current implementation could work well as a "save from pinning button", in that it makes you run really fast and immune to any slow effects for some seconds, would be nice.

at least then to get out of hth, need to put some effort into it and not be able to shoot back.

im finding in my gameplay against the ai, I dont even need to put any effort into "dancing" it just happens automaticcally without me needing to put any effort into it, I just stick um on attack move and the big blob wanders around aimlessly shooting/avoiding combat. Dont need to actively set the goal of avoiding melee, just happens.

variou

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallonigher Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:57 am

"the run buttons current implementation could work well as a "save from pinning button", in that it makes you run really fast and immune to any slow effects for some seconds, would be nice.

at least then to get out of hth, need to put some effort into it and not be able to shoot back."

I agree. At least then there's a chance of catching units 'post-sprint' and butchering them as they recover their stamina.

"I'm finding in my gameplay against the ai, I dont even need to put any effort into "dancing" it just happens automaticcally without me needing to put any effort into it, I just stick um on attack move and the big blob wanders around aimlessly shooting/avoiding combat. Dont need to actively set the goal of avoiding melee, just happens."

Where's the skill/fun in that? Sad

Gallonigher

Back to top Go down

Post  variou Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:24 am

I wasnt really refering to skill or fun, just the way attack moving or moving in battle works.. Rarely the case you actually get a confrontation with a stationary ranged unit waiting for melee to attack.. it just dont happen. unless you go afk lol.

Since the run button has been created, I feel the the melee strike = slow 100% could really really work well. Its half the way to an ideal implementation. owell ^^

I'm still looking forward to the change to see chaos beserkers, chosen beserkers actually being used, such great models and all ^^

variou

Back to top Go down

Post  guyderue Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 am

I also think that h2h in the current build is totally ineffective. As long as a squad can dance it can stay alive forever vs even an excellent h2h unit. The only h2h unit that is really effective are the Striking Scorpions and that is because their mandiblasters have a short range and so cause some nice supplementary damage. But with the new run function even they are made quite ineffective. I agree with VGF that something has to be done to make h2h really relevant again.
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum