FoK in exile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theory and Experiment #1

+4
Patman42
guyderue
Melooo
Subteniente Che Oeste
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Theory and Experiment #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Theory and Experiment #1

Post  rev_draconis Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 am

Sub, IMO you have the right idea in keeping this seperate from the regular forums.

I, for one, whom is just getting started in modding, get tired of scanning through all of the inane BS on the regular forums just to find an answer to something I need. Unlike alot of others out there, I try to find answer first before I go asking.

And IMO it should fall on all who participate here, to help keep these topics on track, but also keep an over-all moderator to be - THE FINAL WORD!!

Just my two cents. Thank You.
rev_draconis
rev_draconis

Back to top Go down

Post  PT2 Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Great! Everything seems fine.

I can't seem to post anything in the new forum. When can we start posting in that forum?

Should I copy the first five posts to the new forum?

PT2

Back to top Go down

Post  PT2 Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 am

I've copied the first five posts to the Think Tank forum. It doesn't look good at all. Doing so make me felt like I was talking or writing to myself. As such, I've remove my Avatar in the FoK forums to lessen this effect but it still leaves much to be desired. Now this becomes the reason to hold back my reply to the thread as I do not want to seem to be replying to myself.

What do the Admins think? Is posting consecutively for five posts in a thread from the same person alright? Would it look better if it were the Admins who posted them instead of one of the discussion participants? Put a link of this thread in the Think Tank thread? Forget about this and start anew? But how?

I do not mind if one abruptly hijacks a thread and interrupts a discussion that was going on when the intention of the news brought forward by the interruption was a good one. I do not mind taking the initiative to clean up the mess or consequences brought forward by the interruption. All I ask from the people responsible for the consequence is this: Please think a little further about the consequence before doing so in the future and be ready to take the corresponding responsibility and to help the one who is willing to clean the mess up for you.

I apologize in advance if there is any poor choice of words.

PT2

Back to top Go down

Post  guyderue Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 am

Bah the thread is a thinking and reading thread...if folks can't read or distinguish different approaches and ideas they are probably in the wrong place. Lets roll on from what you have posted. Lets be quick about establishing the content and decorum of the thread lets it go out of control quickly. If we get back to basics we can't go too wrong.
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Post  PT2 Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:05 am

I agreed.

Well, I guess I was worrying too much. I'd like to thank West, the Admins and everyone else here involved in an effort to make the forum a better place for serious discussion.

PT2

Back to top Go down

Post  guyderue Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm

I still think we can go over things here as well. Right now I see a bunch of talk on the forum that jumped the planning stage and went straight to suggestions. This is a slow cooking process. Right now the need to get the correct system of values worked out is pretty important. If we can streamline the numbers and get more consistency we can get a better look at things and have a solid base from which to work.
guyderue
guyderue

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm

How about instead of that you just say "hey we skipped the planning stage."? Or, start a thread on what plans you want to make. Be the change you want. There's no need for two separate forums.

Admin
Admin

https://firestorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum